VITAMINS AND WHAT THEY DO FOR US
There are many nutrients in vitamins. They have many functions and you can get them from different sources. Supplements and food are the best ways to get what you need. The two types of vitamins are water-soluble and fat soluble vitamins.
WATER SOLUBLE VITAMINS
These vitamins are common in most foods. By eating the right foods and getting a proper diet, our bodies normally get these vitamins. The body constantly needs these vitamins, because they easily pass through our bodies and it only takes what is needed. So our bodies always need these vitamins in small amounts. The unwanted portion is usually flushed out by our kidneys. Vitamins B and C are water-soluble. Here is a list of water-soluble vitamins in bullet form. I will indicate what they do for our bodies.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Good for energy and functioning of our nerve. Found in whole grains, cereals, pork, bread, nuts, and seed.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Good for energy, helps for vision, and skin health. Found in milk. Bread, cereals, whole grains, and green veggies.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Good for energy, helps digestive and nervous system, also for skin health. Found in Asparagus, cereal, bread, fish, chicken, meat, peanut butter, green veggies, mushroom, and whole grain.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Aids in the creation of Red Blood Cells and breakdown of protein. Found in Fish, fruits, meat, chicken, and vegetables.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), Good for nerve function and making new cells. Found in milk, eggs, seafood, meat, fish, and chicken.
- Biotin, Needed for energy. Created by bacteria in the Intestines and found in a variety of foods.
- Folic Acid, Needed for creating DNA and red blood cells. Found in Liver, orange juice, seeds, legumes, green veggies, and refined grains.
- Pantothenic Acid, Needed for energy metabolism and found in a variety of foods.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Helps in the breakdown of protein, antioxidant, absorbing iron, and a healthy immune system. Found in vegetables and fruits.
FAT SOLUBLE VITAMINS
These vitamins are also common in most balanced foods. They are stored in the cells of our body and are not easy to deplete like water-soluble vitamins. It does not pass as easy as water-soluble vitamins therefore if overdosed, will become toxic for our bodies. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble vitamins. Here is a list of fat soluble vitamins in bullet form. I will also indicate what they do for our bodies.
- Vitamin A (Beta Carotene), Good for eyes, healthy skin, immune system, bone growth, teeth, and mucous membrane. Found in Green veggies, carrots, sweet potato, milk, eggs, liver, cheese, and margarine.
- Vitamin D, Stored in bones and needed for the regulation of calcium. Found in eggs. milk, fatty fish, liver, and margarine.
- Vitamin E, Powerful antioxidant, helps reduce free radicals, and helps slow down the aging process. Found in sunflower seeds, wheat germ, liver, and almonds.
- Vitamin K, Aids in bone health, blood clotting, and healing of wound. Found in green veggies.
Examples Of Water Soluble Pills
Top 3 on Amazon
Examples Of Fat Soluble Pills
Top 3 on Amazon